A facelift, or rhytidectomy as it is technically known, removes excess fat and tightens underlying facial muscles to improve the signs of ageing and leave a more youthful looking appearance.
Gravity and the skin’s natural ageing process can result in loss of skin elasticity, thinning of the skin, folds and wrinkles, loss of volume and sometimes the appearance of gauntness. This is often accelerated and heightened by environmental and lifestyle factors such as smoking, sun exposure, stress or weight loss. Facial surgery can’t stop the ageing process, but there are procedures that will help turn back the clock. The ideal candidate will have some elasticity to the skin and good bone structure.
A facelift is very effective in reversing the signs of ageing and making you look more youthful. Nobody wants a ‘stretched’ look and to look like they’ve had a facelift, and most modern facelifts now carefully manipulate the deeper facial tissues and re-drape the skin to produce a fresher, natural, more youthful appearance.
You could be a candidate for facelift surgery if you experience any of the following:
- You have lost facial skin elasticity
- You have excess skin, folds or wrinkles on your face
- Your skin has become thinner causing it to droop
- Your face has been over exposed to sun causing and of the above
- You have lost a lot of weight leaving excess skin
Every patient will have undergone a full consultation with Paul so that patients are made fully aware and comfortable before entering into any surgery.
The hospital where your operation is taking place will provide patients with full detailed written instructions on preparing for surgery.
Facelift surgery is performed under general anaesthesia meaning patients are not prohibited to eat or drink 6 hours prior to the operation.
The recovery process can be different depending on the patient.
However, most patients will usually:
- Need to stay in hospital for a couple of nights
- Have swelling and bruising for a couple of weeks prior to the surgery
- Be unable to exercise or undergo any strenuous activities for a couple of weeks prior to the surgery
- Have scars that will not mature for about six to twelve months
Price of facelift surgery in Bristol
Prices for facelift surgery in Bristol start at £4813.00
*Prices may vary depending on the hospital you choose for your facelift surgery.