All men have breast tissue. A few, unfortunately, have an excessive amount and can resemble a ladies figure.
Cause of male breast growth
Occasionally this is due to a hormone imbalance, however, in some instances there is no detectable abnormality either on blood tests or clinical examination.
Regardless of the cause, this condition causes men a great deal of embarrassment. Many men say that they forego swimming and sunbathing to avoid taking their shirts off. No amount of exercise or diet will solve the problem.
By undergoing male breast reduction surgery and removing the excess tissue, men are able to permanently restore a normal appearance.
Watch the Treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
You could be a candidate for male breast reduction surgery if you experience any of the following:
- You feel that your breasts are too large
- You’re physically fit and healthy and aren’t overweight, but your breasts are too large
- Your breasts remain oversized despite continuous physical exercise
Every patient will have undergone a full consultation with Paul so that patients are made fully aware and comfortable before entering into any surgery.
The hospital where your operation is taking place will provide patients with full detailed written instructions on preparing for surgery.
Male breast reduction surgery is performed under general anaesthesia meaning patients are not prohibited to eat or drink 6 hours prior to the operation.
The recovery process can be different depending on the patient.
However, most patients will usually:
- Be able to go home the day after surgery
- Be able to return to driving within a week
- Return to work within two weeks
- Be able to exercise within a month