There is something about the name ‘rhinoplasty’ that you can’t help but associate with a rhinoceros, and they aren’t exactly renowned for their small noses. As a consequence rhinoplasty is seen as a procedure that only needs to be carried out on people with exceptionally large noses. This couldn’t be further from the case, and there are millions of you out there who have larger than average noses and you are more than happy and don’t want to change a thing. For rhinoplasty, Bristol’s cosmetic surgeon, Paul Wilson makes it clear that there are a variety of reasons why his clients choose a rhinoplasty procedure:
- Rhinoplasty for genuine size reduction. Yes, there are certain instances, especially for women, where from a young age there has been too great an element of self-consciousness and teasing as a result of the size of their nose. Rhinoplasty is the obvious solution.
- Rhinoplasty for rectification. Many of us have broken our nose at one time, and most of us are fortunate that once healed, you wouldn’t actually know. However for some a broken nose can heal with a pronounced ridge, or be offset, making it clear something isn’t quite right.
- Rhinoplasty to aid breathing. Whether through injury or a simple minor deformity, it can be difficult to breathe freely through your nose. A minor procedure can solve the problem and allow you to freely smell the roses gain.
- Rhinoplasty as part of an overall facelift. There may come a time when you decide to opt for a total facelift. It may be at a time in your life where you want to make a statement, at which point rhinoplasty, Bristol Cosmetic Surgery’s Paul Wilson says, is a sensible inclusion.
- Rhinoplasty for vanity reasons. For whatever reason, how we see ourselves can be very different to how others perceive us. While nobody else may have thought twice about your nose, other than it might be cute, it is how you personally feel about it that matters. At Bristol Cosmetic Surgery we carry out procedures to make minor adjustments to allow our patients to regain their self-confidence and for them to feel as beautiful as they are, even before any procedure.
Whatever your reason for rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, Bristol Cosmetic Surgery will arrange for you to meet with Sarah Powell, a specialist cosmetic and state registered nurse to discuss both what you want, and why. So contact her today and arrange for a consultation – after all it is far easier to make a decision once you know all the facts, not just a few.